What to do in the event of an vehicle accident
- Stop your vehicle if it is clear & legal
- If in the way of other traffic put hazard lights on & move safely to the curb or verge
- Turn the ignition key off
- Check everyone in the vehicle is ok – if there are injuries dial 111 for an ambulance. All injuries must be reported to the Police
- If there are witnesses ask for their name & phone no’s
- Ask to see the other driver’s license and write the number down
- Assess the damage to your vehicle – is it safe to drive or do you need a tow truck?
- If possible use a camera or mobile phone to photograph the damage or sketch a picture of what happened
- Exchange insurance company details do not make any statements with regards to fault.
- Get a copy of the police report or incident number
Vehicle accident & repair facts you should know:
- You have the right to choose your repairer.
- Only you the owner can authorize repairs on your vehicle
- You don’t have to accept any repairer the tow company or insurance company suggests – it will not affect your claim.
- You are not required to get more than one estimate
- Repair estimates will vary; a lower estimate may not include necessary things.
- It’s your vehicle make sure it is repaired to your satisfaction
***View and download our Accident Report Information Gathering Guide and always keep it in your car.***
Contact the team at Airport Collision Specialists, we’ll get you back on track!